Streetside approached myself and some other fellow beer bloggers last month to see if we might be interested in participating in a little competition. See, they have some Demogorgon left and they wanted to do a little firkin fest. Ummmm SIGN ME UP! If you don’t know what a firkin is Craft Beer Joe did a nice little write up on what they are.
So how’s this going to go? Each website got to chose their own ingredients to add to a firkin and the goal is to see who picks the best additions. How you may ask? A good old fashioned race to see who kicks the keg first!
Let’s see who picked what to add to their firkin:
- Brew Minds – Eggos and Maple Syrup
- Cincy Weekend – Honey, Chai, and Ginger Snap Cookies
- Craft Beer Joe – Donuts and Coffee
- The Gnome – Raspberries and Vanilla
- Raging Hop – Pomegranates and Dark Chocolate
- Queen City Fresh – Caramel, Roasted Pecans, Mexican Sugar and Cayenne Peppers
- Streetside Brew Team – Peanut Butter and Oreos
When is this all going down? Saturday Janurary 27th at Streetside Brewery! (4003 Eastern Ave, Cincinnati 45226) The firkins will be tapped at noon so come on down and support Streetside and your local beer websites!
Now I might be a little biased, but I think mine sounds pretty awesome so you should come down and drink a lot of it! In all honesty though they all sound like they should be pretty amazing!
I’ll see you Saturday at noon!